[[ recipeID=recipe-7kf4p0wgj, title=Basic Chaffle ]]
Chaffles have to be one of the quickest, easiest low carb recipes around.
Chaffles can be eaten as they are, or used in place of carb heavy bread for the most amazing sandwiches.
There are many variations to the recipe but this is one of the most basic and easiest.
Keywords: Chaffle, Vegetarian
- Prep Time: 1 mins
- Cook Time: 1 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond flour (optional)
- Turn on your waffle maker to warm up.
- Mix egg, cheese and almond flour together in a bowl
- Pour mixture into waffle machine and cook till crispy brown
No waffle maker? No problem! You can also make a chaffle on the pan (known as a chancake).
Clean Tip - Use a block of mozzarella rather than the pre-grated, shredded variety. Shredded cheese typically includes "anti-caking agent" to stop the cheese sticking together, and the most popular agent is cellulose a.k.a saw dust!